L-Arginine is a key ingredient in Vigorelle Cream for Women.
L-Arginine is a chemical building block called “an amino acid.” It is obtained from the diet and is necessary for the body for making proteins.
L-arginine is found in red meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products. It is also present in plant sources such as seeds of all types – for example grains, beans, and nuts.
What Does It Do?
In the body, L-arginine is converted into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes vasodilation – blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow. L-arginine also stimulates the release of growth hormone, insulin, and other substances in the body.
Uses of L-Arginine
As a result of its ability to dilate blood vessels and, thereby, help to increase blood flow, L-arginine has several medical uses and benefits.
It has been found effective in the following situations:
- Post-surgical recovery
- A pregnancy complication marked by high blood pressure and protein in the urine (pre-eclampsia). Most research shows that L-arginine can reduce blood pressure in pregnant women with pre-eclampsia. L-arginine also seems to keep pregnant women from developing pre-eclampsia.
- Sexual problems that prevent satisfaction during sexual activity. Early research shows that taking specific products containing L-arginine and other ingredients improves low sexual desire in women with sexual problems.
- A hormonal disorder that causes enlarged ovaries with cysts (polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS). Early research suggests that taking N-acetyl-cysteine and L-arginine daily for 6 months can improve menstrual function and reduces insulin resistance in people with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Chest pain (angina). Taking L-arginine seems to decrease symptoms and improve exercise tolerance and quality of life in people with angina. However, L-arginine does not seem to help widen the blood vessels that are narrowed in angina.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED). Taking 5 grams of L-arginine by mouth daily seems to improve sexual function in men with ED.
- High blood pressure. There is evidence that taking L-arginine by mouth can reduce blood pressure in healthy people, people with high blood pressure, and people with slightly high blood pressure with or without diabetes.
- Narrowing of blood vessels that causes poor blood flow to the limbs (peripheral arterial disease). Research shows that taking L-arginine by mouth or intravenously (by IV) for up to 8 weeks increases blood flow in people with peripheral arterial disease.
The formulation of Vigorelle Cream makes use of this ability of L-arginine to dilate blood vessels and increase blood flow. With Vigorelle, L-Arginine acts directly on the genital blood vessels to increase blood flow to the clitoris-vagina are. This increased blood flow makes these sexual organs more responsive and thus enhances the response of the woman to sexual stimulation.